How To Use Henna With Indigo Powder
1. It treats premature greying of hair.
2. It helps in hair growth and prevents scalp infections.
Indigo is a dye that is obtained naturally from the leaves of Indigo plant. If used appropriately Indigo offers some great benefits for your hair. Let us first look at some benefits of Indigo.
Uses of Indigo Powder:
3. It gives your hair shine and controls dandruff.
4. It’s a natural dye which will not harm your hair at all, unlike the chemical loaded dyes available in market.
5. If it mixed with henna, it will give a rich brown colour to your hair.
6. If it is applied over henna it will give your hair dark black colour.
Let’s look at how we can colour our hair black using henna and indigo!!
We require a few ingredients for mixing henna and indigo powder.
- Herbal Heena Powder
- Indigo Powder
- Bowl and spoon
- Hair coloring brush
- Shower cap
There can be two methods of colouring. If you like black jet colour for your hair, you can first put Henna in your hair and without washing it you can apply indigo after that. It will take couple of days for black colour to fully develop. If you do not really like the outcome and want to go for a soft brown/aburn colour, you can actually do it much quicker as you don’t need to process the hair dyes separately.This is what we need to do.
- First of all Combine herbal henna powder and yogurt in a bowl and keep adding water slowly and stir it continuously until you have a thick paste.
- Secondly just wrap the bowl with some plastic cover and just leave it as it is for overnight.
- The next morning you have to now mix water and indigo powder. Add water as per the requirement, the paste should not go very watery.
- Now wear old clothes as you can spoil the clothes while applying the paste or you can just drape a cover around your shoulders.
- as a next step just section up your hair properly as you want them to get coloured.
- Wear your rubber gloves now.
- From now taking the roots till the tip of your hair apply the paste properly in all the sections of your hair.
- Once you are done putting up the paste well, in your entire sections just make a bun properly taking all the hair and just wear a shower cap.
- Now you can do your work as the paste has to be left for 2 hours as it is.
- After 2 hours just wash your hair with plain water. Remember not to apply any sort of shampoo or conditioner on your hair.
Yes, this is done. It is this simple to apply heena and indigo in your hair. the colour will take some time to show up. In this manner you can get a good hair colour without using any sort of chemicals in your hair.
- For some people two step methods works best. They get best colour after applying heena then Indigo powder.Fow few mixing up both works. It is on you to decide, which works best for you.
- Please make sure that you are not allergic to either of these natural hair dyes. It is always advisable to do a patch test on the inside of your forearm before proceeding with colouring your hair.
- The result or the colour on your hair usually lasts for 7-8 weeks, totally depending upon the length, quality and environment of your hair.
We hope you like our article and find it useful.